£0 - £35000 per annum
Trainee Quantity Surveyor (Basildon, Essex)
The successful candidate must have at least 1 years post qualification experience. They will be dynamic and enthusiastic and want to provide exceptional service. They are expected to work on their own initiative but must be able to interact well with other members of the team. They will work on projects across a variety of sectors including: residential, commercial, industrial and education.
• Reporting into and keeping the Managing Surveyor informed of commercial issues.
• Procuring subcontractors to meet the programme and budget requirements, using organisational skills and experience to maximise opportunities.
• Preparing accurate cashflow and cost value reconciliation reports, including analysis of project risks and opportunities.
• Producing reliable site and on-screen and measures across the full range of packages.
• Analysing subcontractor accounts, assessing applications and preparing payment certificates.
• Reviewing contract documents and amendments to present to senior management.
• Managing contractual obligations and providing advice during the project.
• Maintaining and building on relationships with clients and consultants.
• Produce monthly valuations, manage change control and agree final accounts.
• Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
• Provide feedback on subcontractor and commercial performance to senior management and the estimating department.
• 1 years post qualification experience.
• Communicates concisely, courteously and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
• Dynamic, enthusiastic and customer-focused.
• Is approachable and responsive.
• Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
• Willingness and flexibility to learn new skills and working practices, as required.
• Keen to develop their career in construction.
• An eye for detail and understanding the expected standards to be delivered.
• A good understanding of modern construction techniques.
• Competent in IT skills and software packages that are relevant to the role - includes Microsoft Office 365 and construction accounts management software.
Be at the front of the queue for jobs in construction
As specialists in recruitment for the built environment sector, employers who need people like you come to us every day for help. Get ahead of the crowd and register with Clearfield to make sure you automatically show up when the right job comes along.
- Get matched with jobs based on your skill set
- Find out what employers are looking for
- Showcase your qualifications and experience
Want to get in touch?
Our offices in Ipswich and Leeds handle enquiries on a regional and national level, matching the ideal people in the right job all over the UK.