£41000 - £52000 per annum
Clearfield are recruiting on behalf of our client for experienced Site Engineers for our clients long term, prestigious project A465 Dualling Heads of the Valley, Merthyr Tydfil.
Purpose of Job-
The post holder will be accountable for delivering a section of the Dualling of the A465 Areas 5 & 6.
The jobholder will take full responsibility for the setting out and controlling the works as well as supervision of labour, plant and sub-contractor within your section of works. You will also ensure the management and quality aspects of the project meet the clients' and company's performance expectations.
Take responsibility for ensuring the highest possible environment and health and safety standards are adhered to at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities-
• Conduct regular H&S checks and participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
• Undertake Daily Briefings.
• Produce RAMS and raise permits as per system of works.
• Day to day management of a section of works including the supervision and monitoring of the site team and supply chain.
• Plan, control and monitor the progress of the works and coordinate the section(s) of the project as allocated, working with your General Foreman and Project Manager.
• Ensure any changes in scope (operations, commercial, programme or design) are captured and managed.
• Understand any temporary works requirements.
• Support the Site Agents and Project Manager to plan the section construction programme, phasing plans and project specific supplements.
• Report to the Project Manager on progress and performance.
• Assist the Project Manager in administering the cost forecast, valuation and reporting systems.
• Conduct and attending weekly and monthly site meetings as required.
• Ensure all site team and supply chain are working to the latest design information and raise any technical queries.
• Undertake material take offs where required and ensure materials are ordered and reconciled.
• Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Permit to Work systems, site inductions and safety briefings are correctly carried out.
• Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and problems that may arise.
• Ensure and maintain strict quality control procedures, raising Inspection & Test Plans.
• Ensure site team keep site diaries up to date.
• Effectively lead and manage direct reports ensuring appropriate competence is maintained, including annuals PDR's.
• Monitor capability of staff and contractors to undertake current and prospective workloads and report to senior management.
• Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
Please call Gavin Williams on 07842 014717 or apply now!!!
More results for "Site Engineer"
Clearfield are working with a civil engineering contractors that are based in the Suffolk area they were founded in...
Clearfield are working with a civil engineering contractors that are based in the Peterborough and the surrounding area. They...
Be at the front of the queue for jobs in construction
As specialists in recruitment for the built environment sector, employers who need people like you come to us every day for help. Get ahead of the crowd and register with Clearfield to make sure you automatically show up when the right job comes along.
- Get matched with jobs based on your skill set
- Find out what employers are looking for
- Showcase your qualifications and experience
Want to get in touch?
Our offices in Ipswich and Leeds handle enquiries on a regional and national level, matching the ideal people in the right job all over the UK.