£50000 - £60000 per annum
Clearfield are working in a partnership with a retail fit out contractor that are based in the West Yorkshire and West Midlands area they were founded in January 2007 and has built up an enviable reputation for delivering 1st class quality, good value, and excellent customer service.
They specialise in bespoke fit out, small works and refurbishment projects for the retail, leisure, hospitality, education and commercial sectors and undertake work through to blue-chip high street retailers. They cover a vast selection of fit out projects including retail, gym and leisure projects including Primark, Vodafone, and M&S stores. They have an extremely strong forecast for 2023 as they have work secured right through to 2024.
Core Skills / Requirements:
• Maintain a Full UK Driving Licence
• Work with and assist all members of the project team as required.
• Prioritise workload and effectively manage your time
• Manage and support the development of subordinates via a self-developed PDR process
• Train subordinates
• Oversee other projects in addition to your primary project.
• Attend project meetings and take notes / minutes as the project lead surveyor.
• Be respectful to colleagues and all other parties that your job requires you to interface with.
• Command good skills with Microsoft Office Suite of programmes to ensure you can carry out your role efficiently.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive technical understanding all construction details.
Pre-Contract / Tendering (to be read in-conjunction with the procurement section):
• On negotiated projects service the Client team (PQS) where needed to ensure the negotiations progress in a positive manner.
• Communicate with parties acting on behalf of the Client to actively demonstrate construction risks /scope gaps and give clear advice around risk ownership, risk reduction / mitigation.
• Ensure we are receiving best value from our supply chain in support of negotiated and tendered contracts.
• In competitive single stage tender and for negotiated work us all reasonable skill, care and diligence to ensure that enquiries give clear direction to what is required from the supply chain in the form of an offer in terms of scope, attendances, phased programming, out of hours works, temporary works etc.
• Ensure 3 quotations are obtained for all trades; produce a schedule of accurate quantities and included within enquiry documents where needed to ensure we receive a positive response to the supply chain.
• Provide feedback to unsuccessful supply chain members
• Measure progress on site for the purposes of valuation and payment of sub-contractors
• Record your measurements in a state that is easily understandable for internal and external parties and in a format that allows the measure to be updated in subsequent months.
Financial Monitoring / Forecasting / Account Management:
• On an ongoing basis throughout the life of the project forecast the final account cost for subcontractors, suppliers and preliminaries items to ensure project wide Cost and Value reporting.
• Within the forecasting of final cost of subcontractors, identify the difference between recoverable and non-recoverable costs and report these regularly
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding the of the suite of JCT Main and Subcontracts.
• Administer Collateral Warranties with Sub-Contractors and the Design Team.
Be at the front of the queue for jobs in construction
As specialists in recruitment for the built environment sector, employers who need people like you come to us every day for help. Get ahead of the crowd and register with Clearfield to make sure you automatically show up when the right job comes along.
- Get matched with jobs based on your skill set
- Find out what employers are looking for
- Showcase your qualifications and experience
Want to get in touch?
Our offices in Ipswich and Leeds handle enquiries on a regional and national level, matching the ideal people in the right job all over the UK.