Clearfield are working with a privately owned medium sized regional Management Contractor / Residential Developer operating predominately in London. Due to continual growth and success, they are looking for a Project QS to join them on a permanent basis.
They carry out a variety of building works not limited to but includes the following:
• High end residential and office renovations to a value of £3.5m.
• Structural alterations to extend, raise or generally create open spaces.
• Strip out and structural works.
• External repairs.
They work for a small number of high-net-worth PLC property companies in Central London and the variety of their works reflects the range of architecture that exists in Central London. They are an excellent business and they have been trading for over 30 years.
• Financial management of projects from start to finish.
• Produce and send subcontractor/material enquiries using company standard enquiry template to obtain quotations for works and material packages.
• Carrying out detailed analysis of subcontractors submitted quotations against pricing schedule/budget prior to placing formal orders.
• Understanding and preparing detailed measures from drawings and from site using the standard measuring method.
• Assisting with any estimating tasks/processes for tender submissions when required.
• Carrying out and holding subcontractor pre-order meetings with subcontractors, prior to placing formal order using standard meeting template.
• Placing and issuing material orders for large/high value items for site using NSC material order procedure.
• Carrying out site measures / take off's etc as required.
• Producing Subcontractor payment certificates for sign off by MD.
• Update subcontractor payment schedule weekly.
• Produce and issue when required, payless notices for Subcontractors application submissions and are issued in accordance with the subcontract and Construction Act.
• Regularly liaise with site personnel (NSC Site management), and sub-contractors to help maximise productivity and margins.
• Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts as per contractual deadlines for live projects for PQS approval.
• Analyse weekly direct labour allocation sheets against budget allowances.
• Attending weekly Surveyors meetings with NSC management staff and clearly report on individual projects regarding procurement, programme, delays etc.
• Attending Internal project review meeting to be held on site on a weekly basis.
• Attend site visits / site progress meetings as and when required.
• Produce monthly project cost reports/Cost value reconciliations (CVR's).
• Produce and Issue formal letters/information to contracts administrator (CA) and producing claims for extension of time for projects, as and when required.
London / Essex (Loughton)
Be at the front of the queue for jobs in construction
As specialists in recruitment for the built environment sector, employers who need people like you come to us every day for help. Get ahead of the crowd and register with Clearfield to make sure you automatically show up when the right job comes along.
- Get matched with jobs based on your skill set
- Find out what employers are looking for
- Showcase your qualifications and experience
Want to get in touch?
Our offices in Ipswich and Leeds handle enquiries on a regional and national level, matching the ideal people in the right job all over the UK.