£50000 - £75000 per annum
Clearfield are working with a East London based multi-disciplinary building contractor established in 2005. Initially they provided electrical services then began to diversify with their clients' needs to undertake refurbishments, extensions, fit-outs and new-build schemes across the South East and London.
They deliver projects in the leisure, education, retail, healthcare, and housing sectors and have built a strong reputation for completing projects on time with maximum client satisfaction time and time again.
Due to continual success they are looking for a QS to join them on a full time permanent basis.
• Financial management of projects from start to finish.
• Produce and send subcontractor/material enquiries using company standard enquiry template to obtain quotations for works and material packages.
• Carrying out detailed analysis of subcontractors submitted quotations against pricing schedule/budget prior to placing formal orders.
• Understanding and preparing detailed measures from drawings and from site using the standard measuring method.
• Assisting with any estimating tasks/processes for tender submissions when required.
• Carrying out and holding subcontractor pre-order meetings with subcontractors, prior to placing formal order using standard meeting template.
• Placing and issuing material orders for large/high value items for site
• Carrying out site measures / take off's etc as required.
• Producing Subcontractor payment certificates for sign off by MD.
• Update subcontractor payment schedule weekly as well as produce and issue when required, payless notices for Subcontractors application submissions and are issued in accordance with the subcontract and Construction Act.
• Regularly liaise with site personnel, and sub-contractors to help maximise productivity and margins.
• Preparation of interim valuations and final accounts as per contractual deadlines for live projects for PQS approval.
• Analyse weekly direct labour allocation sheets against budget allowances.
• Attending weekly Surveyors meetings with management staff and clearly report on individual projects regarding procurement, programme, delays etc.
• Attending Internal project review meeting to be held on site on a weekly basis.
• Attend site visits / site progress meetings as and when required.
• Produce monthly project cost reports/Cost value reconciliations (CVR's).
• Produce and Issue formal letters/information to contracts administrator (CA) and producing claims for extension of time for projects, as and when required
Be at the front of the queue for jobs in construction
As specialists in recruitment for the built environment sector, employers who need people like you come to us every day for help. Get ahead of the crowd and register with Clearfield to make sure you automatically show up when the right job comes along.
- Get matched with jobs based on your skill set
- Find out what employers are looking for
- Showcase your qualifications and experience
Want to get in touch?
Our offices in Ipswich and Leeds handle enquiries on a regional and national level, matching the ideal people in the right job all over the UK.