Freelance Design Coordinator / Manager - Main Contractor (Ipswich)
• Design co-ordination of projects from tender through to delivery profitably.
• efficiently and in accordance with the contract.
• Manage the procurement of the main services.
• Contribute to the delivery of O&M manuals.
• Manage BREEAM/NHBC/Planning/Building Regs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design management/co-ordination of projects working with other team members to successfully deliver the project.
• Attend tender interviews as required by the Directors.
• Organise and obtain quotes for inclusion within the tender (as required within the tender checklist).
• Attend site meetings as required by the Contracts Managers.
• Arrange and chair design team meetings as necessary to meet the demands of the project.
• Understand the tender allowances and be aware of contract costs against agreed budgets.
• Manage the procurement of the main services in liaison with other team members.
• Co-ordinate design elements to meet the deadlines /requirements of the construction programme.
• Foster good relations and reputation with clients and general public.
• Manage design elements of contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion
• of projects.
• Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary.
• Supervise, mentor and assist in the career development of subordinates and junior staff.
• Promote and ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedures.
Be at the front of the queue for jobs in construction
As specialists in recruitment for the built environment sector, employers who need people like you come to us every day for help. Get ahead of the crowd and register with Clearfield to make sure you automatically show up when the right job comes along.
- Get matched with jobs based on your skill set
- Find out what employers are looking for
- Showcase your qualifications and experience
Want to get in touch?
Our offices in Ipswich and Leeds handle enquiries on a regional and national level, matching the ideal people in the right job all over the UK.